Professional Website Management
Professionally designing, building, managing and testing websites since 1996
Building and managing websites since 1996
Daron Harvey , founder of Targa
In web career spanning more than 27 years, you could say that I have been around a bit, filling roles and gaining experience in:
- Web Design & Web Development
- e-commerce Project Management and Consultancy
- Business Analysis
- Usability Testing
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- User Experience (UX) Testing
- International website compliance
- Search Engine Optimisation
You can learn more about my professional background on LinkedIn.
Freelance Website Designer - 1996 to 2000
My early web career between 1996 and late 2000 was spent as a freelance website designer, creating and maintaining websites for businesses of all sizes in a range of different industries.
I was then contacted by a multinational organisation who was putting a core team of web development experts together to build, manage and develop their global e-commerce website.
These look basic now, but here is a selection of my early websites, from around 1998 and 1999.
A move into e-commerce
In September 2000 I joined Hertz Europe as a senior web designer, and spent the next 20 years in various roles building, managing and testing dynamic e-commerce websites in 28 languages on their core web platform.
Building dynamic websites at Hertz meant building websites which are truly based on the customer, with each website visit determined by such factors as:
- the selections a user makes;
- the country they're from;
- their language;
- where and when they want to rent a car;
- the vehicles available at that place and time;
- the cost of each vehicle for the time period selected;
- the ability to upgrade insurance options, and add things such as child seats which also impacted the cost;
- providing different payment options at different rates;
- currency conversion;
- displaying prices inclusive or exclusive of tax, as relevant to international laws, rules and expectations;
... and the list goes on!
My role also involved managing a number of corporate partner websites for several airline partners, including Ryanair, Aer Lingus, Air France and Qatar Airways, as well as the development and launch of a loyalty scheme portal with Hertz's partnership with Nectar.
28 languages - $3.5 billion USD
Many air miles were clocked up travelling between offices in the UK, Europe and various locations in the US, and at the peak during my time with the company, the Hertz websites were generating in excess of $3.5 billion US Dollars in annual online sales.
Those 20 years in the corporate e-commerce world also provided me with project management and business analysis experience, CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner) certification, and many other core web management skills.
I have carried this wealth of knowledge and experience into Targa Web Solutions to provide a range of testing, troubleshooting and consultancy services to help businesses of all sizes with their online presence.
Why use Targa?
- 27 years experience.
- Depth & breadth of business needs, design and technical knowledge.
- Experience in website testing, auditing and website management, with a broad technical background which allows for effective communication between business owners, management and development teams.
- A friendly, personal, flexible service, with meticulous attention to detail.
Keeping up to date
Despite years of proven experience, things evolve and it is therefore essential to keep skills and knowledge sharpened. Below is a list of current certifications acquired:
- Agile Requirements
- Agile Testing
- Manual Testing
- Software Testing: Transitioning from Manual to Automation
- Software Testing Foundations: Test Management
- Software Testing Foundations: Test Planning
- Software Testing Foundations: Test Techniques
- JIRA Fundamentals
Design & Development
Get in Touch
If you would like to discuss anything further, feel free to reach us by email or phone as follows: