Make your online presence count...
A professionally designed website can showcase your business and generate leads and sales.
Get online with a professionally designed website to showcase your company and generate leads and sales.
Customer focused web design
When we're asked to design a website, our main objective should be focused on our client's customers, because they're the ones who will make a decision on your website to buy, call or leave. So when building websites, to get the best out of your new website we need to get know you and your business objectives, and we also need to understand:
- who your target customers are.
- what your customers need.
- what your customers want.
- what they expect when they reach your website.
Establishing these points could be crucial in helping your website turn visitors into customers.
This can get personal!
Targa takes a very professional, personal and supportive approach to website production and management. We work with you in a partnership to build and deliver something which is integral to your business, hence the attention to detail, additional work, effort and passion which goes into every single website.
Affordable Websites for Small Businesses
If you have a small business and need a stylish professionally built website for your business, Targa Web Solutions can help.
Whether you already have an established company or you have are starting a new business, Targa has a number of website design packages to suit all budgets. Take a look at our websites for small businesses options, which can start with a fixed price web design package or a more comprehensive bespoke web design solution.
For an idea of costs, try our online web design cost calculator, which also explains many aspects of a website which can be crucial to it's success, but which are often overlooked.
Websites for the Trades
As a tradesperson you can probably appreciate that the competition is very high for searches on Google such as
Electrician in Peterborough or
Plumber in Huntington so it is very important for your website to rank as high as possible in search engine results.
We therefore design and build our websites with SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) in mind right from the start.
Motorsports Website Design
Motorsports websites tend to be very visual and stylish in order to help build brand and profile, to provide a platform for sponsors, and help keep fans and followers engaged.
A selection of other Targa Websites
Your web design questions answered
What is a responsive website? Are all websites responsive? ⇨
What is a responsive website? Are all websites responsive?
A responsive website is a website which has been designed to display and function correctly on a range of screen sizes and devices.
Whilst it may be possible for a desktop monitor and laptop to display the same layout of a web page, a smartphone is usually viewed in a vertical (or portrait orientation), and therefore typically requires a different layout of each web page.
Likewise, a tablet such as an iPad is likely to need a slightly different page layout when in portrait orientation compared to when viewed in a landscape orientation.
Besides different layouts for smartphones, a well designed responsive website is also likely to use smaller versions of images on mobile phones, to make web pages load more quickly by not having to download larger quantities of data over a mobile phone network.
More information can be found in this article about responsive websites.
Will my website work properly on a mobile phone? ⇨
Will my website work properly on a mobile phone?
Yes, provided that it has been designed correctly.
Responsive Website is often used, and this refers to websites which are designed to work on all screen sizes and devices, including mobile phones.
More information can be found in this article about mobile friendly websites.
How long does it take to build a website? ⇨
How long does it take to build a website?
There are so many factors that it is almost impossible to say how long a website should take to build. For example, how many pages will the website contain? Will it be used to promote your services or to sell products and handle secure online payments?
Will it require a CMS (content management system), or a searchable database of content or a list of subscribers which will grow as more people fill out their details on your website?
Will you be providing your own website content and images, or will you be relying on the web designer to do that on your behalf? Will you require your website to tap into your social media feeds such as Twitter, so it displays your latest or selected Tweets?
There are many other variables too, but websites can typically take between 1 and 8 weeks to produce, although you will find some web designers who will produce very cheap websites quickly. Those often have many corners cut in order to speed up the process and keep costs down, but the results, performance and reliability can be poor and many such website owners end up having their websites rebuilt.
Targa has a range of fixed price web design packages which can be produced within a fairly predictable timeframe. Single page websites can usually be produced within a couple of days, and our fixed price 4 page websites may take between 3 and 4 days to produce.
What is the process when having a web design built? ⇨
What is the process when having a web design built?
1: Introductory call:
- We can arrange a short phone or Zoom call to enable us to learn about you and your business, and what objectives you have for your new website.
- Phone and Zoom calls can be very effective, but there may be good reason to meet face to face.
2: Down to detail:
- We can discuss the details of what each page of your website needs to contain, as well as styling, colours, and other visual aspects of your website.
- If you have any content for your website, whether it be paragraphs of text describing your business and services, photos, logos, etc., you can send them over by email or via DropBox.
3: Content for your website:
- Your website needs to have relevant quality content for the benefit of your customers and also for success with the search engines.
- It is advisable to give serious thought to your website content, but we understand that not everyone has the time or feels comfortable producing website content.
4: The design stage:
- If you already have some ideas or can suggest some existing websites that you like the look of, that would be great.
- Maybe you would like us to put forward some suggestions. That's fine too.
- So before coding commences, we'll discuss some visual ideas with you, get your feedback, and then we can begin developing your new website.
5: Keeping an eye on things:
- You will be able to check in with us to see how your website is shaping up, and you will be given access to each page for your feedback and approval.
- Your new website will only go live when you give us the approval to do so, and we will work with you until you're happy with it.
- Of course there may be the need for us to meet a specific deadline that you have, and so we will work to a project plan to meet that deadline.
How much content do I need to create for my website? ⇨
How much content do I need to create for my website?
A tricky one to answer in general terms, but think of things from a customer's perspective...
What would a customer want or expect when they arrive on your website? Do they want to buy a product, find a service, research a subject, make comparisons, be educated or entertained?
Once you have a clear idea of why people would come to your website, then ask how easy it is for them to find what they're looking for. In fact do you actually have what they're looking for on your website?
What you want to avoid is making people leave your website due to a lack of quality content. The general feeling is that if a potential customer wants to find specific information, they'll find it. If they can't find it on your website, they'll go elsewhere to find it.
This article on creating content that your customers want could provide you with some useful ideas.
What does SSL mean? ⇨
What does SSL mean?
SSL stands for
Secure Socket Layer
Having a valid SSL Certificate for your website will provide that level of security you need, and will allow your web address to use
https instead of
What is Cross Site Scripting (XSS)? ⇨
What is Cross Site Scripting (XSS)?
Passwords and personal data can be stolen, computers can be hijacked, analytics may be gathered, and many other malicious actions could be carried out.