The process of a typical website project should aim to understand and meet the needs of the customer, and to keep them fully informed throughout the project.
These steps describe the process we feel is the most thorough and efficient when creating a website for a small business.
So... What is the process when having a web design built?
1: Introductory call:
- We can arrange a short phone or Zoom call to enable us to learn about you and your business, and what objectives you have for your new website.
- Phone and Zoom calls can be very effective, but there may be good reason to meet face to face.
2: Down to detail:
- We can discuss the details of what each page of your website needs to contain, as well as styling, colours, and other visual aspects of your website.
- If you have any content for your website, whether it be paragraphs of text describing your business and services, photos, logos, etc., you can send them over by email or via DropBox.
3: Content for your website:
- Your website needs to have relevant quality content for the benefit of your customers and also for success with the search engines.
- It is advisable to give serious thought to your website content, but we understand that not everyone has the time or feels comfortable producing website content.
4: The design stage:
- If you already have some ideas or can suggest some existing websites that you like the look of, that would be great.
- Maybe you would like us to put forward some suggestions. That's fine too.
- So before coding commences, we'll discuss some visual ideas with you, get your feedback, and then we can begin developing your new website.
5: Keeping an eye on things:
- You will be able to check in with us to see how your website is shaping up, and you will be given access to each page for your feedback and approval.
- Your new website will only go live when you give us the approval to do so, and we will work with you until you're happy with it.
- Of course there may be the need for us to meet a specific deadline that you have, and so we will work to a project plan to meet that deadline.
Why not call Targa for an informal chat on 01406 373511 or email Email?
Got a question about web design or any other related queries?
The answers above to
What is the process when having a web design built? are just some of many FAQs about web design, website ownership, SEO and other related topics.
If you can't find the answers you're looking for, just ask. It won't cost you a penny and we might be able to help!